Think about your coffee table as a focal point in your living room rather than as a spot to put down a snack or drink or a place to put up your feet. By using several diverse elements, you can turn this flat, plain space into a beautiful eye-catching display. Following some basic design rules should do the trick.
We suggest these ideas from HGTV.
· Keep your coffee table balanced by varying the scale and height and by grouping like objects together.
· The coffee table can be a great place to rotate seasonal decorative elements.
· The rule of threes is an age-old decorating trick, but it does work its magical appeal to the eye.
· Think about using a tray to corral your favorite small finds and make them easily removable if you need to clear the space for entertaining.
· A bit of greenery or a beautiful floral arrangement is a way to bring the outdoors in.
· Last, but not least, the decorative objects on your table should be special and personal – they can tell your story and express your memories and passions.